The Latrobe Valley Regional Rehabilitation Strategy (LVRRS) will guide the mine licensees, government and the community on a climate resilient transformation of the Latrobe Valley coal mines (Hazelwood, Yallourn and Loy Yang) and adjacent lands to safe, stable and sustainable landforms that will support the next land use. Importantly, the LVRRS has not committed the government to a water-based mine rehabilitation supplied from the Latrobe River system.
Find out more by reading the LVRRS and fact sheets below.
Latrobe Valley Regional Rehabilitation Strategy:
- Latrobe Valley Regional Rehabilitation Strategy (PDF, 11.0 MB) (Accessible version coming soon)
- The LVRRS at a glance (PDF, 638.9 KB)
- Land use planning (PDF, 42.8 KB)
- Mine stability (PDF, 158.6 KB)
- Alternative water (PDF, 41.9 KB)
- The Mine Land Rehabilitation Authority (PDF, 43.9 KB)
Page last updated: 01/07/20