Key water saving rules:
Water from a hand-held hose must not be used for any purpose (whether or not the use is subject to a permanent water saving rule) at any time unless the hose is:
- Fitted with a trigger nozzle; and
Residential or commercial gardens and lawns
A residential or commercial garden or lawn cannot be watered except with:
- A hand-held hose, bucket or watering can at any time; and
- A watering system between the hours of 6 p.m. – 10 a.m. on any day.
Public gardens and lawns and playing surfaces
A public garden or lawn area or a playing surface cannot be watered except:
- With a hand-held hose, bucket or watering can at any time;
- With a watering system fitted with a rain or soil moisture sensor between the hours of 6 p.m. – 10 a.m. on any day; and
- In accordance with an approved Water Use Plan.
Fountains and water features
Water cannot be used in a fountain or a water feature unless the fountain or water feature recirculates the water.
Cleaning of hard surfaces
Water cannot be used to clean hard surfaces (including, driveways, paths, concrete, tiles, timber decking), except:
- Where cleaning is required as a result of an accident, fire, health hazard, safety hazard or other emergency;
- If staining to the surface has developed, and then only once a season;
- In the course of construction or renovation,
And then, only by means of:
- A high pressure water cleaning device; or
- If such a device is not available, a hand-held hose or a bucket.