Stormwater and Urban Recycling
Since 2004 industry, water corporations, local government, golf courses, racing clubs and education institutions have developed 81 localised stormwater and urban water recycling demonstration projects, and water education programs.
These projects have been funded under the:
- Stormwater and Urban Conservation Fund and
- Stormwater and Urban Recycling Fund.
The funds have supported localised demonstration projects that use stormwater, recycled water and education programs to reduce the demand on drinking water in our cities and towns.
The funding contributed to:
- sharing the risk of adopting a new approach;
- covering the extra costs of design associated with being the first project of its type;
- covering the extra costs of working with new regulatory processes that may not have been used previously; and
- the costs of promoting the project to similar organisations.