Water Tank Rebates
Rainwater tanks can save up to 40,000 litres per household per year.
The Living Victoria Water Rebate Program rewards Victorian households and small businesses for purchasing water-efficient products and appliances, thereby reducing their water consumption.
Eligible households who have purchased and installed a rainwater tank between 1 July 2012 and 30 June 2015 are eligible for a rebate of up to $1500.
The rainwater tank rebates are based on the size of the tank and whether or not the tank is connected to the toilet and/or laundry facilities.
To be eligible for a rebate:
- all rainwater tanks must be connected to toilet and/or laundry.
- all rainwater tanks must be installed by a licensed plumbing practitioner.
- a PIC certificate must be included if product and associated plumbing installation costs exceed $750.
- all rainwater tanks must be designed, manufactured and certified to the relevant Australian Standards.
Rainwater tanks connected to new houses that received a building permit after 1 May 2011 are not eligible for the rainwater tank rebate.
Rainwater Tank Rebate
Rainwater tanks must be 2000 litres or greater and connected to toilet and/or laundry made at time of installation. The amount of the rainwater tank rebate depends on the size of the tank and the connections made to the toilet or laundry and are as follows:
- Rainwater Tanks, 2000 – 3999 litre capacity, connected to toilet and/or laundry – $850 rebate
- Rainwater Tanks, 4000+ litre capacity, connected to toilet or laundry – $1300 rebate
- Rainwater Tank 4000+ litre capacity, connected to toilet and laundry – $1500 rebate
The rebates for rainwater tanks will be provided to you as a credit on your next water bill(s). Rainwater tank rebates can also be paid to the customer as an EFT payment. Rebates for households that are self-supplied with water (not a reticulated water supply) will receive their rebate as an EFT payment. Rebate payments should take around 10-12 weeks to process.
Customers considering the purchase of a rainwater tank should be aware that Australian Standards and Guidelines apply to the design, material, manufacture and installation of rainwater tanks.
The Living Victoria Water Rebate Program is administered by Victoria’s water suppliers on behalf of the Victorian Government, in partnership with the Department of Environment and Primary Industries.
Terms and conditions apply. The full terms and conditions are on the back of the claim forms.